Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Back Home

I returned yesterday from the meeting I preached for the Beauty Ridge Missionary Baptist Church in South Shore, Kentucky. We had a great meeting with great fellowship with the church there. It has been several months since I had been in Kentucky and it was good to go back home for a while.

I had the privilege of preaching seven times during the five day meeting and I believe that the Lord blessed the preaching of His Word. The weather was really nice and cool and God blessed us with a cool mountain breeze for the majority of the trip. I rejoiced in getting to spend some time back up on the mountain farm that I was raised and to see how the farm has changed since I left.

God answered many prayers during the meeting and I am thankful for the undeserved blessings of the trip. The church was beyond hospitable and I rejoiced in their Christian love towards me and my family.

This is for my 'Old Kentucky Home".


______________________________________________________________________


Douglas Newell IV

No comments: