Sunday, October 23, 2011

Thankful for the Dentist

Eph 5:20 Giving thanks always for all things unto God and the Father in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ;
I don't like going to the dentist, but I'm thankful for them. Friday morning I had to go to an oral surgeon and have two impacted wisdom teeth removed. Today, my face is swollen to the point I look like a greedy chipmunk, but I am thankful. I'm thankful for the skill of the dentist. I'm thankful that he was able to use medicine to put me to sleep during the procedure. I'm thankful for the medicine that is used to protect from infection. I'm thankful that the removal of these problem teeth. I'm thankful that the worst part thus far is the swelling. I live in a country and in a time where I can have this procedure done. 100 years ago, I would have put up with the pain. In another country today, I would have had to put up with the pain. God is so good.

No comments: