Sunday, February 26, 2012

What's Whiter than Snow?


From The Watchman's Message: 1877
"Do you know anything whiter than snow? I put that question to an old man, one who was tottering on the brink of the grave, and to whom I was endeavoring to speak of Jesus. Some remark having been made relative to the late fall of snow, I seized the opportunity, and asked him the question I ask you now. He seemed surprised, hesitated, and then declared that he did not. I said I did. 
He, looking very hard at me asked what it was. 
I replied " A sinner washed in the precious blood of Jesus." I then told him of the verse in Isaiah which says "though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool"; also the end of the seventh verse of the first epistle of John " the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin." and of David's prayer "Wash me, and I shall be whiter than snow." 
Have you been washed whiter than snow in the precious blood of Jesus? You can never enter Heaven unless you are. 
Because the sinless Saviour died,
My sinful soul is counted free;
For God, the Just, is satisfied
To look on HIM and pardon me."


No comments: