Friday, June 5, 2009

My Not So New Bible

First, read about my My New Bible at the address bellow.

http://doug4.blogspot.com/2008/12/my-new-bible.html

I have had my interleaved bible for six months now, and I have to say that I do like it, a lot. Though it took some getting used to, I feel that I have finally got the hang of turning pages in the pulpit. It is so nice to be able to write full notes beside the passage, especially after doing a word study, and having that information at hand, and not having to dig up old notes. The only downside is the size. I had a very thin bible to begin with, and now it is twice the size, but I am happy with the trade.

Not long after I had got my bible, my two year old found his way into my study and found my open bible, with all those clean, blank pages. He saw his daddy write in this book, so he gave it a try as well.









Yes, after looking for months for someone who could rebind my bible, then shelling out the cash to get it fixed, followed by six weeks of anticipation, I had my bible for two days before, well, you can see. Biblical graffiti and the hands of my young son.

I was upset, but relieved once I realized it was only three pages. As I thought about it, the real blessing was that it was the blank pages that were marred, and not the scriptures. Yes, I have room for notes, references, outlines and the like, but that is all they are. It is not the blank pages that makes this book valuable, it is the Words that God has spoken that make it of eternal value. I thank God that His word is eternal, and that nothing or no one can change or destroy them. What a priceless treasure, the Word of God. So every time I pass through the OT, I see those pages, even when I quickly thumb through to find a verse, these three pages seem to jump out at me, and though my two year old learned a lesson on pens and the Bible, I suppose I did too.



Bookmark and Share

No comments: