Saturday, April 24, 2010

Valuable Books

I was asked a question to list influential religious books that I have read. There were several categories of different types of books. Since making the list I have read several books that I wish that I had put on the list.

Here is the first category; multiple book/volume commentary sets.

Here are the ten that I find most useful, in no particular order.

1. Albert Barnes' Notes on the Bible
2. John Gill's Exposition of the Entire Bible
3. Matthew Henry’s Commentary
4. Matthew Poole’s Commentary of the Holy Bible
5. An Interpretation of the English Bible by BH Carroll
6. New Testament Commentaries by John MacArthur
7. Maclaren’s Exposition of the Holy Scriptures
8. Commentary on the Whole Bible by Jamieson Faussset and Brown
9. Expository Thoughts on the Gospels by JC Ryle
10. Keil & Delitzsch Commentary on the Old Testament


_________________________________________________________________________________

Douglas Newell IV

No comments: