Tuesday, February 15, 2011

I have chosen the way of truth

Psalms 119:29-30 Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me thy law graciously. I have chosen the way of truth: thy judgments have I laid before me.

C.H. Spurgeon on the Christians responsibility in Christian living in light of God's Sovereignty.

“As [David] abhorred the way of lying, so he chose the way of truth: a man must choose one or the other, for there cannot be any neutrality in the case. Men do not drop into the right way by chance; they must choose it, and continue to choose it, or they will soon wander from it. Those whom God has chosen in due time choose his way. There is a doctrinal way of truth which we ought to choose, rejecting every dogma of man’s devising; there is a ceremonial way of truth which we should follow, detesting all the forms which apostate churches have invented; and then there is a practical way of truth, the way of holiness, to which we must adhere whatever may be our temptation to forsake it. Let our election be made, and made irrevocably. Let us answer to all seducers, “I have chosen, and what I have chose I have chosen.” O Lord, by thy grace lead us with a hearty free-will to choose to do they will; thus shall thine eternal choice of us bring for the end which it designs.”

No comments: