Friday, March 31, 2017

Notable Quotable 3/31/2017

"Theologian S. Lewis Johnson points us to Ephesians 2:1–5 and says that man “was either tried in Adam and fell, or he has been condemned without a trial.” Clearly, only the former is true."
The World-Tilting Gospel by Dan Phillips 

"Other than the fact that they all had holes, none of his socks matched."
Ballad of the Whiskey Robber: A True Story of Bank Heists, Ice Hockey, Transylvanian Pelt Smuggling, Moonlighting Detectives, and Broken Hearts by Julian Rubinstein


“Under the auspices of Nineb, my patron, I killed 120 lions in my youthful ardor, in the fullness of my manly might on my own feet, and 800 lions I killed from my chariot. All kinds of beasts and fowls I added to my hunting spoils.”
Tiglath-Pileser
The Rise and Fall of the Assyrian Empire  by Zenaide Ragozin











"On average, there were about 6,046 men killed every day of the [WWI], a war that lasted 1,566 days."

A Hobbit, a Wardrobe, and a Great War: How J.R.R. Tolkien and C.S. Lewis Rediscovered Faith, Friendship, and Heroism in the Cataclysm of 1914-18 by Joseph Loconte

By the By...
It's been almost 10 months since the flood ripped through this area. Road crews are still working on the the road near my house and there are some places they haven't even started on yet. If you are interested in seeing more or if you like fly-fishing, check out the upcoming Fly Fishing Chronicles.

http://www.wvva.com/story/34996443/2017/03/Saturday/special-flood-episode-of-fly-rod-chronicles-to-air-this-weekend

No comments: