Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Apples of Gold


We have two quotes this week from the immensely quotable Charles Spurgeon.

“Every heart must be stout, and every arm must be strong; the line must not be composed of here and there a warrior and an interval between, but every man must march forward, with the spirit of a lion and the strength of God, to do battle against the common enemy of souls.” C.H. Spurgeon

"Thou hast loosed me from the bonds of worldly maxims; thou hast delivered me from the fear of man; thou hast rescued me from the stooping and fawning which made me once the slave of every tyrant who laid claim to my allegiance, and thou hast made me now the servant of but on Master, whose service is perfect liberty. Whereas before I spake with bated breath, lest I should offend, and even my conscience had continually to yield to the whims and prejudices of another man, behold now “thou hast loosed my bonds.: As an eagle with my eye on the sun, with wings outstretched true to the line upwards which I soar, bound no longer to the rocks of prejudice or the mounds of worldly maxim—free, entirely free to serve my sod without let or hindrance." C.H. Spurgeon


______________________________________________________________________________

Douglas Newell IV

No comments: