Monday, May 24, 2010

FAIL

I woke up thinking about my life and how many utterly horrid decisions that I have made. FAIL. What I could have done, what I should have done, what I should have done differently where flooding back into my mind.

Stupid, unwise things I did when I was 12 still affect me today. I cannot go back and change them but have to live with the consequences of my actions. And still Jesus loves me. I think Satan will put these failures in my mind to discourage me, and they sure did for a while. But I thank God that it brought me back to the cross. Jesus the Lord died for ME. He loved ME before the foundation of the world. He shed His blood for ME. He has given ME eternal live and innumerable blessings in this life and the next. Even now, God has overruled some of my greatest failures into wondrous blessings. Had life had gone the way I wanted it, I would have never met my wife, and that is just one example of thousands of how I sinned, I made horrible decisions, I paid the consequences in my life for the decisions, but God overruled them for my good.

Thank God He saved me and that I am forgiven and justified and eternally secure in the finished work of Jesus Christ and that there is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus.

It is easy to get depressed when you are always thinking about what you did. It is hard to stay depressed when you think about what Jesus did FOR you.

______________________________________________________________________


Douglas Newell IV

No comments: