Monday, November 1, 2010

State of the blog

I’ve been thinking about the blog, since I haven’t been posting recently. I have been neglecting posting original content, even though I have it on the PC. It just stopped being fun. So I have decided to keep it simple, reduce the number of posts and try to have some continuity here.

Monday’s will be the Monday Morning QB, a reflection of the past week, the coming week, the Sunday sermons, and some random thoughts on current events.

Once or twice a month, I hope to write an article. Maybe more, but I think right now, one or two will be what we are looking at.

I started the blog as a hobby, so I could mess around with basic HTML, get some biblical truth on the interwebs, and have some fun. I enjoy writing, and most of my posts are either articles I am writing, or I am thinking through something, and it helps me to put pen to paper (or fingers to keyboard). Writing helps the thought process and I believe writing helps make better preachers. Somewhere along the line, the blog became a burden, it stopped being fun, productivity slowed, then it stopped. I have some regular readers, and I appreciate you, but I think you deserve SOME expectation of content. And, lets face it, there are A LOT of blogs to keep up with, if you keep up with blogs. Hopefully this will give a little structure, and I can get back to enjoying keeping up with it.

Lord willing, we’ll have regular Monday posts, and original posts every other week.

Unless it changes.

Because it might. Because it usually does. 8^)



______________________________________________________________________

Douglas Newell IV

No comments: