Monday, December 21, 2009

Is this True Love?


Imagine two people about to be wed, going out to dinner. As the man looks into his future brides eyes he says "I love you with all of my heart". She is overwhelmed thinking about it.

Then the waitress comes to the table, and he says to her "I love you with all my heart". A little taken back, "Who was that?" she asks. "Oh, I don’t know, but I love her." Then they leave and go to a gas station, he pays for the gas and says to the attendant "I love you with all my heart". "Who was that?" she wondered. "I don’t know" he replies again. He stops at a red light, rolls down his window to the stranger next to him and says "I love you with all my heart".
"I guess you don’t know her either?" He turns and looks deep in her eyes and says "I sure don’t, but I love her, just as I love you."
Is this a perfect love? Will Jesus say I love you, then say I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity?
This is true love!

In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him. Herein is love, not that we loved God, but that he loved us, and sent his Son to be the propitiation for our sins. (1 John 4:9-10)

___________________________________________________________



Douglas Newell IV

No comments: