Tuesday, January 6, 2009

New Books

I have started the new year off with several book purchases. I received the first today "The Mercies of a Covenant God" which came highly recommended. Though the book is in fairly good condition, the seller on Abebooks.com advised that it was in "new" condition and being a paperback, I suppose I expected it to be in better condition than it arrived in. But, to his credit, I received the book VERY quickly. I ordered a couple books from Amazon the day before, and still yet to receive them. The book is here now, and soon to be digested, if the Lord be willing.

3 comments:

Short Thoughts said...

Warbuton's book is gripping. What were the other two?

doug4 said...

The first is "How to read a book" by by Mortimer J. Adler and Charles Van Doren and "Preaching and Preaqchers" by D. Martyn Lloyd-Jones.

I have skimmed through all three, and am eagerly anticipating digging in!

Short Thoughts said...

The Lloyd-Jones book will be a blessing. I recall he gives some eminently practical suggestions that don't seem profound, but are very helpful.

I am familiar with the other book, but have not read it.