Monday, January 12, 2009

Update

Aplogies for the rather incomplete post on my books last week. I mentioned that I was expecting some more books, but didn't mention the titles, only that I was expecting them. Well, I received the last of them today. "How to Read a book" and "Preachers and Preaching by Jones." came first, and I have started “How to read a book”, and I think that I am going to get a lot out of it, and I pray that it will help me to get more out of the books that I read.

Today, I received Family Driven Faith: Doing What It Takes to Raise Sons and Daughters Who Walk with God by Voddie Baucham Jr. I look forward to reading this book, as I feel the burden of my responsibility to my children, day by day.

The next two books are “Christless Christianity: The Alternative Gospel of the American Church” by Michael Horton and “Respectable Sins: Confronting the Sins We Tolerate” by Jerry Bridges.

I welcome all comments about these books, if you have read them, and as I finish, I'll let you know what I think, both here and at Shelfari.

No comments: